Born in Madrid, 1960. Admitted to the Bar Association of Madrid in 1983.
Lawyer and Doctor of Law. Managing partner of LEGSE-FIDES Abogados since 1995.
Lawyer recommended in the prestigious directorio 2018 of The Legal 500.
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid Law School, Law Degree, 1982
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid Law School, PhD in Law, 1997 -Doctor of Law Cum Laude unanimously -.
- Diploma in European Community Law, 1983.
- Other Universities and Law Schools: various Diplomas in Commercial and Corporate Law.
- Academic Director of the Master’s Degree in Insurance Managing and the University Master’s Degree in Insurance and Risk Management, appointed jointly by the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca and ICEA.
- Professor of Company Law at ICADE (Universidad Pontificia de Comillas).
- Lecturer of Insurance Law at ICEA (Investigación Cooperativa de Entidades Aseguradoras).
- Lecturer of Commercial Law at CEF (Centro de Estudios Financieros).
Publications and lectures:
- He is author of various books dealing with different aspects of Law:
- Law for Insurers in Spain and Portugal, recently published by Thomson Reuters/LEGSE Abogados, 293 pages, 2017.
- Key legal issues for non Spanish insurance companies in Spain, Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, 94 pages, 2013.
- The theory of the right of self-determination, Centro de Estudios Políticos y Constitucionales, 180 pages, 1998.
- Manual of Business and Corporate law, Pontifical University of Comillas, 2000.
- The Insurance Ombudsman, Revista de Derecho de los Seguros Privados, 1995.
- Insurance Transfers in Europe, Clyde&Co, 2012 . The chapter relating to Spain has been written by Segundo Ruiz.
- Several lectures in Summer Courses at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, in different years.
- Other lectures in different institutions.
- Spanish and English.