Admitted to the Bar Association of Madrid in 1983.
Lawyer and Doctor of Law. Managing partner of LEGSE Abogados since 1995.
Lawyer recommended in the prestigious directory of Chambers & Partners (2019 and 2020).
– Universidad Complutense de Madrid Law School, Law Degree, 1982.
– Universidad Complutense de Madrid Law School, PhD in Law, 1997 (Doctor of Law Cum Laude, unanimously).
– Universidad Complutense de Madrid Law School, Diploma in European Community Law, 1983.
– Academic Director of the Master’s Degree in Insurance Managing, appointed jointly by the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca and ICEA.
– Professor of Company Law at ICADE (Universidad Pontificia de Comillas).
– Lecturer of Insurance Law at ICEA (Investigación Cooperativa de Entidades Aseguradoras).
– Lecturer of Commercial Law at CEF (Centro de Estudios Financieros).
Publications and lectures:
– He is the author of various books dealing with different aspects of Law:
– Law for Insurers in Spain and Portugal, recently published by Thomson Reuters/LEGSE Abogados, 293 pages, 2017.
– Key legal issues for non-Spanish insurance companies in Spain, Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, 94 pages, 2013.
– The theory of the right of self-determination, Centro de Estudios Políticos y Constitucionales, 180 pages, 1998.
– Manual of Business and Corporate Law, Pontifical University of Comillas, 2000.
– The Insurance Ombudsman, Revista de Derecho de los Seguros Privados, 1995.
– Insurance Transfers in Europe, Clyde & Co, 2012. The chapter relating to Spain has was written by Segundo Ruiz.
– Several lectures in Summer Courses at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, in different years.
– Spanish and English.